Macquarie Australian Atlas
The Macquarie Australian Atlas on
CD-ROM provides a superb collection of maps and related information
about the Australian continent.
Wherever possible mapping is supplemented by text descriptions.
Exceptional navigation, searching and information retrieval facilities
are provided through a system of Tabs and Toolbar.
The Atlas consists of the following map collections:
- Physical or Geographic Maps
- Whole of Australia Scale 1:50,000,000
- State level 1:20,000,000
- Regional level 1: 5,000,000
- Detailed level 1: 2,500,000
- The Land (Geology, Water Resources etc)
- The People (Population Density, Exploration etc)
- Metropolitan Maps
Users are able to:
- Use Tabs to move to another map collection
- Zoom In/Out from one map level to another
- Search for places by name and latitude/longitude
- View information about places
- Add freehand overlays or drawings to maps
- Estimate distances between places
- Print maps and related text.
- MS Windows application
- 800 x 600 resolution in 256 or 16 million colours
- Digital Audio
- Developed in MS Visual Basic V3.0
Designed and developed by Dimension Technologies Pty Limited for Macquarie Multimedia
The Macquarie Australia Atlas is distibuted by Macquarie On-line. www.dict.mq.edu.au